REQUIREMENTS TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY THE APPLICANT OF PACKAGED DRINKING WATER FOR GRANT OF BIS LICENCE ACCORDING TO IS 14543:2004
A. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
General requirements for grant of BIS Licence, please see BIS website http://www.bis.org.in/
B. PRODUCT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
(FOR PACKAGED DRINKING WATER)
1. List of Test Equipments, Glass wares & Chemicals --- See Annex A
2. List of BIS approved outside lab for the Product Water, --- See Annex B
Containers (including lids/caps)
3. Details of samples of the product/containers to be drawn during --- See Annex C
4. Acceptance of Marking Fee --- See Annex D
5. Acceptance of Scheme of Testing and Inspection (STI) --- See Annex E
6. Guidelines for assessment of Hygienic conditions with --- See Annex F
Explanatory notes for guidance
7. List of Indian Standards which a Packaged Drinking Water Industry ---
must have in original
8. Undertaking for getting the samples tested as per STI frequency from BIS approved/NABL accredited outside lab.
9. Consent letter from concerned outside lab for testing of sample (Ref. Sr. No. 8).
10. Copy of the appointment letter, qualification certificates for Chemist and Microbiologist
11. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned office of Central Ground Water Authority.
12. Detailed Manufacturing process indicating treatment for disinfection along with Process Flow Chart. Clause 3.2 of IS 14543:2004 specifies various processes for manufacturing Packaged Drinking Water for guidance only
13. Copies of Medical Examination Reports of the employees engaged in washing/filling of the product for any communicable/skin diseases and fitness to work in a food industry.
14. Details about the arrangements of pest control treatment such as an agreement/contract with the agency. Also details of Cleaning in Place (CIP)
15. Declaration of Shelf-life of the product separately for each type of container (e.g. 1littre, 2 litre, 20 litre etc.).
16. Undertaking Regarding clause 6 (Packing) of IS 14543:2004 and clause 7.2 of IS 14543:2004 (Labelling Prohibitions)
17. Obtain request letter from BIS for getting the sample tested for Radio Active Residues, from BARC before submitting the application and test report received from BARC is to be submitted along with the application form.